HEJNU envisions a healthy Ugandan society, capable of making good treatment decisions, which is well informed on public health care issues through excellence in health journalism.
What we do
Through a network of health journalists throughout the country, HEJNU aims to improve the quality, accuracy, intensity and visibility of health reporting, broadcasting, writing and editing
Our Goals & Objectives
- To improve the standard of health reporting, writing, broadcasting and editing.
- Focus on increasing the quantity, understanding and sustainability of health issues in the media.
- To mainstream health journalism in Uganda.
- To develop a strong and vibrant community of health reporters across the country.
- To raise the profile of health journalism and healthcare in Uganda.
- To disseminate relevant information on health, new advances, innovations and medical research that will enable the public make informed treatment choices when seeking medical care.
- To influence decision making on health policy implementation
- Train, empower and support health journalists with information to disseminate to the public
- Strengthen the relationship between the media and the wider society including the academia, government officials, scientists, researchers and communication experts
- Carry out health research